Douglas DC-3 'Dakota' passenger plane. Istanbul, Rahimi M.Koch museum
This plane was built at the factory in Oklahoma city in March 1944 for the US air force. At the end of the war and the subsequent sale for a pittance unneeded equipment, transport 'Dakota' was purchased by the Ford group and converted for business use. Just a year later, it became the owner of another automaker - General motors, where he was operated for almost 10 years.
In 1967, the airplane was sold to the University of Nebraska, where he worked until 1971. After this, the aircraft wandered on to different owners until, in the late ' 70s unknown in what ways was the air force of Yugoslavia.
After ten years, in August 1989, his owner was a tiny Turkish company NESU AIR (Nesu Air Havayollari), where the plane and got the current tail number TC-ALI. In the same year the company went bankrupt and the veteran quietly rot somewhere while in July 2001 has not been installed in the Museum of Rahmi M. Koch.
Climbing the ladder
take a look to the salon "Douglas".
Inside were several chairs, sitting down to watch a film about the history and operation of the most common aircraft in the world.
stand technical documentation manual for the machine.
Scheme the marking points of the service side of the landing gear.
Instruction on the equipment of the cockpit.
Flight documents - the scheme of landing in Erzurum.
Motor spark plug Champion - one of the most important parts, their quality is largely determined by the continuity of the engines Pratt & Whitney R-1830.
Such were the standards of the salons for VIP bassirou in the 50s-60s.
Design chairs unsophisticated, but to sit in them I felt more comfortable than in modern ships. However, it can be determined only after spending considerable time on the spot may seem easy, but not the fact that the same feeling won't be going through after an hour of sitting.
canvas folding seat, it just sits cushion, solid armrest.
blow-off and lights - one on two chairs.
standard military Douglas, to whom is this camera, the tail was a storage compartment covers, the toilet was the result of the conversion. It is interesting that before the 60s the aircraft's toilets did not have special holding tanks, the waste products were derived just for the plane. On the high planes of the sewer pipe was supplied double valve to prevent leakage. Such system was even on the TU-104 and the first Il-18.
Access to the cockpit is limited by a glass partition, but it is possible to study it in detail.
Helm of the captain.
Helm second pilot. Many devices, not enough, perhaps at the end of his career, the aircraft served as a donor for his fellows.
Bodies the management of the engines and pitch propellers.
Radar in the domestic clones of Douglas - Li-2 was not in sight. As, however, in the Il-14.
control Panel automatic direction finders (ADF), between the navigation VHF (VHF NAV).
airport equipment the middle of the last century.
Starter generator to start the engine.
Fuel tanker can not be compared with the current 30-ton tanks, but Douglas for full filling lacked a little less than 800 litres.